Since 1992, LSTAR has donated over $689,067 to shelter-related charities, including (but not limited to):
- Mission Services of London: $322,424.
- The Unity Project: $108,821.
- Violence Against Women Services Elgin County (VAWSEC): $56,574.
- Women's Community House: $33,883.
- Youth Opportunities Unlimited (Y.O.U.): $38,882.
- Merrymount Family Support & Crisis Centre: $79,372.
- St. Joseph's Hospice: $50,000.
2015 initiatives included:
- $25,000 to VAWSEC towards the construction of a new Women’s Shelter in Elgin County.
- $5,000 to London Meals-on-Wheels for its Home to Stay Program, which will provide crisis meals to those at risk of becoming homeless or those who have been recently housed.
- $2,400 for Women’s Community House’s Homes 4 Women Project (part of the Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness's 20,000 Homes Project).
- London Housing Registry: $6,000.
LSTAR not only continues to sponsor ($5,000 for 2016) London's annual Hockey Helps the Homeless one-day fantasy tournament, but to power the event with REALTOR® volunteers. Five REALTORS® sit on the Organizing Committee, chaired by LSTAR’s Director of Business and Promotions, Tracy Marino, and over 200 LSTAR Members volunteered, sponsored or participated in the 2015 event, which raised $115,000 to be divided between Merrymount, Y.O.U., and the Unity Project.
Community partnerships include ones with Canadian Blood Services and ReForest London's Million Tree Challenge. There is also a REALTOR® Christmas Kettle Day organized to raise funds for the Salvation Army's Centre of Hope - London.
LSTAR also supports the Ontario REALTORS Care Foundation by participating in its Every REALTOR® Campaign, through fundraising and by the bestowal of Fellowships. In 2015, the Foundation provided over $927,200 in grants to shelter-based organizations in communities across Ontario.
Over the period 2016-2017, LSTAR will be donating $50,000 to the London Health Sciences’s new Adult Residential Eating Disorders Facility.
|Beneficiary||2015 Amount Year End|
|Mission Services of London||$311,014|
|Women's Community House||$33,883|
|All Our Sisters Conference Bursaries||$2,000|
|Youth Opportunities Unlimited||$38,882|
|Merrymount Family Support and Crisis Centre||$78,688|
|London Housing Registry||$6,000|
|St. Joseph's Hospice of London||$50,000|
|Meals on Wheels "Home to Stay" Program||$5,000|