Current Job Opportunities with LSTAR
The London and St. Thomas Association of REALTORS® (LSTAR) is currently seeking a full-time Education Coordinator for a one-year contract position. The successful candidate will report to the Manager of Education, and they will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Education Department. The Education Coordinator will help LSTAR members achieve a high level of professionalism and compliance with the industry's norms.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Support the Education Department with its daily activities, including:
- Respond to Member inquiries by phone or through the firstname.lastname@example.org email.
- Provide registration support for LSTAR’s in-person, online, and asynchronous classes and webinars.
- Update class/event calendars and LSTAR’s web properties with education-related information.
- Help develop and run classes and webinars.
- Send reminders and other communications to class and webinar registrants.
- Track the course uptake, member feedback, and other performance metrics.
- Understand and enforce LSTAR’s education-related policies (working with other Departments, as necessary).
- Work with the Manager of Education to create quizzes, videos, games, and other interactive learning tools meant to educate members on timely and common compliance issues.
- Work with the Manager of Education to identify leadership development opportunities for LSTAR Staff, Trainers, and Members.
- Contribute to reports created for senior leadership and LSTAR’s Committees, Task Forces, and Board of Directors as required.
- Perform other related activities, as assigned.
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail-oriented with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent Microsoft® Office skills - particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment without losing composure or compromising productivity.
- Eager to learn, upskill, and apply learnings/best practices.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
This is a full-time, contract position, Monday through Friday, 7 hours per day, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, at LSTAR’s office (342 Commissioners Rd West in London, Ontario). Occasional attendance outside of these hours may be required – either for special events or to meet tight deadlines.
NOTE: The job description may be altered at any time at the discretion of the Association.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in one file to email@example.com no later than August 2nd, 2022.
Who We Are:
The London and St. Thomas Association of REALTORS® (LSTAR) is a non-profit leading Canadian REALTOR® Association focused on providing our Members and community partners with cutting-edge technology platforms, progressive learning programs, business leadership expertise, and innovative personalized services, ultimately delivering an optimal experience to the consumers that our REALTOR® Members serve.
LSTAR has long been passionate about supporting our communities through volunteerism and charitable activities with shelter-based and social justice organizations. We embrace our responsibility to drive positive change and build strong, healthy, and equitable communities. We pledge to advocate for fair and equal access to housing, and champion a more inclusive vision of the Canadian dream of home ownership.
LSTAR values diversity, inclusion, and equity. LSTAR invites applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.