Since 1992, LSTAR has focused its community service on shelter-related charities, raising $799,387 for numerous organizations, including:
- Mission Services of London: $322,424
- Women's Community House: $33,883
- The Unity Project: $108,821
- Merrymount Family Support & Crisis Centre: $79,372
- Youth Opportunities Unlimited (Y.O.U.): $88,313
- Hockey Helps the Homeless: $17,500
- Violence Against Women Services Elgin County (VAWSEC): $56,574.
Recent initiatives included:
- $50,000 to Youth Opportunities Unlimited (Y.O.U.) and its New Addition Campaign, engaged on addressing homelessness issues, while providing a supportive and interactive program focused on healthcare, poverty reduction, employment, education and life coaching.
- $50,000 over two years (2016-2017) to London Health Sciences Foundation's Adult Eating Disorders Clinic. Funds go toward kitchen equipment, including appliances and upgrades to the clinic's dining area.
- $4,500 to Investing in Children, a charity offering opportunities for children to grow, learn and thrive, including a program that provides nutritious meals and snacks to more than 10,000 children across 85 area schools.
LSTAR continues to invest in community partnerships, including:
- Hockey Helps the Homeless, London Tournament – $7,500 to the one-day fantasy hockey tournament for the fourth consecutive year. Since 2014, the event has raised $360,000 for Merrymount family support and crisis centre, Y.O.U. and The Unity Project for Relief of Homelessness. More than 200 REALTORS® participate in the event each year.
- 2016 Christmas Kettle Challenge – LSTAR and London Firefighters together raised more than $33,000 for The Salvation Army's Centre of Hope-London. More than 100 REALTORS® participated, raising $22,600 up 50% from the 2015 Kettle Drive.
LSTAR also supports the Ontario REALTORS Care Foundation by participating in its Every REALTOR® Campaign, through fundraising and by the bestowal of fellowships. In 2016, the Foundation provided more than $1 million in grants to shelter-based organizations in communities across Ontario.
|Beneficiary||2016 Amount Year End|
|Mission Services of London||$322,424|
|Women's Community House||$33,883|
|All Our Sisters Conference Bursaries||$2,000|
|Hockey Helps the Homeless||$17,500|
|Youth Opportunities Unlimited||$88,313|
|Merrymount Family Support and Crisis Centre||$79,372|
|London Housing Registry||$6,000|
|Investing in Children||$4,500|
|St. Joseph's Hospice of London||$50,000|
|London Health Sciences Foundation Adult Eating Disorders Clinic||$25,000|
|Meals on Wheels "Home to Stay" Program||$5,000|