Every spring and fall, LSTAR offers webinars on timely issues and topics of interest selected by our members.
Led by real estate professionals and industry experts, these complimentary webinars are intended to help REALTORS® grow their business, offer more value to their clients, and cultivate a strong and dynamic REALTOR® community.
Spring Webinar Series
The 2024 LSTAR Spring Webinar Series features nine educational sessions on timely topics such as the impact of AI and VR on real estate, CASL Compliance for REALTORS®, and Mastering Canva for Social Media Impact. All our educational webinars are intended to give you the tools and the knowledge necessary to better help your clients and conduct your business.
1. Emerging Real Estate Trends for 2024 - New Innovations Impacting the Sale of a Home
March 5, 2024 @ 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
With Tracey DeLeeuw, Futurist, Founder and Consultant
Join us for a presentation by Tracey DeLeeuw, futurist, founder and consultant, who will speak to London and area REALTORS® about technology that will impact real estate sales over the next 10 years.
This session will cover the following topics using anecdotes to explain how these technologies will impact REALTORS® and buyer/seller experiences during the sales cycle. As close to jargon free as possible!
REALTORS® will learn how new technologies may impact the price and desirability of listings such as:
- Smart Homes: What, why and how
- Solar Power: Lowering the total cost of ownership
- Security Technology: Protecting the investment and the family
- Virtual Reality: See it, dream it, live it, love it.
- AI: How artificial intelligence may change our in home experience
- IoT: Adjusting to the conditions we live in.
2. Status Certificates: The Secret Weapon for Condo REALTORS®
March 19, 2024 @ 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
With Shane Haskell, ABR, IRES, President / Realtor® and Past President of the LPMA (London Property Management Association)
Learn about buying and selling condominium units and the legal and financial aspects of ownership. Join us for this informative webinar where we will cover the following topics:
- A refresher on condominium governing bodies
- Learn about key condominium resources that you should be aware of
- The importance of the status certificate, which is a document that provides vital information about the condominium unit and the corporation
- Learn how to identify key sections within the status certificate
- A case review
By the end of this webinar, you will have a better understanding of the status certificate and how it can affect your condominium transaction. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions and interact with our expert speaker.
3. Compliance Matters - How to Avoid Common Pitfalls and Violations
April 2, 2023 @ 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
With Ray Ferris, FRI, MVA, e-PRO, SRS, ABR and Broker of Record at Erie’s Edge Real Estate Ltd.
REALTORS® have an obligation to be aware of, and understand, and comply with TRESA and its regulations, as well as other laws applicable to trading in real estate. This one hour presentation will review your obligations when providing RECO’s Information Guide (including when it’s not required), sharing the number and terms of competing offers, facts a seller has to disclose, how to manage changes to a seller’s direction, and more.
4. Southwestern Ontario Commercial Market Analysis & Outlook
April 16, 2024 @ 11:00 am to 12:30 pm
With Raymond Wong, Altus Group (Presenter);
Moderator - Lisa Lansink, Chair of LSTAR’s Commercial Committee
Panelist - Austin James, Team Lead and VP, Debt Capital Markets at Finneotech
Panelist - Ainslee Tracey, Broker at Royal LePage Triland Realty in St.Thomas
LSTAR is pleased to welcome back Altus Group and a panel of local commercial experts with a presentation that will give participants a comprehensive overview of local commercial property investments and their current value. The presentation will also include an in-depth discussion on the latest trends in the commercial real estate market and how these factors affect commercial real estate activities in our area.
Our panelists will also offer their perspectives and advice based on their practical experience in the field, helping you to gain a deeper understanding of the local investment landscape, and the potential opportunities and challenges that lie ahead.
5. Are You A Real [Estate] Spammer? CASL Compliance for REALTORS®
April 30, 2024 @ 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
With Alim Jessa, CREA Legal Counsel
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) is a law that regulates the sending of electronic messages for a commercial purpose. Seeing as our industry runs on electronic messages (emails, texts, DMs, etc.), and LSTAR is receiving more and more concerning communications from Members, this session has been added to the webinar line-up to help you learn how to stay on side with the law.
Join Alim Jessa, CREA’s Legal Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer, as he provides important insights and actionable tactics to ensure your newsletters, market reports, invites, and other ‘commercial electronic messages’ – or CEMs – stand out for the right reasons. Seize this opportunity to enhance your understanding of CASL, improve your marketing and safeguard your business while making meaningful connections in a compliant and effective manner.
6. How to Generate & Convert Leads Online Through Paid Advertising
May 14, 2024 @ 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
With Andrew Fogliato, Owner of Just Sell Homes and Real Estate Magazine
Join Andrew Fogliato, owner of Just Sell Homes and Real Estate Magazine as he walks you through how to create successful online campaigns that generate leads, how to sort through the leads to find prospects, and turning prospects into clients. You'll walk away from this webinar knowing exactly what you need to do to start predictably generating leads with paid advertising.
7. Design Like a Pro: Mastering Canva for Social Media Impact (REALTOR® Edition)
May 28, 2024 @ 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
With Danny Wood of BrokerageNation
Let the seasons inspire your brand’s story with Danny Wood as your guide, exploring how to use pre-designed templates that are professional, yet personal. As the year unfolds, so will your branding toolkit—each season bringing its own flair and opportunities to market you, your business and your services. You’ll get four different designs, one for each season: Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. Unleash your creativity and let your brand blossom throughout the year!
8. New Features in GeoWarehouse® and Real Estate Market Reports
June 11, 2024 @ 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
With Alicia Flores, Customer Success Representative at Teranet Inc.
Join us for an informative session on how to leverage the available reports inside GeoWarehouse®.
This presentation goes beyond the basics of GeoWarehouse®, providing an in-depth understanding of the various reports and new features that can help protect you and your clients. In this session, you will learn about the following key topics:
- How to Use Title Check: Discover the ins and outs of the Title Check feature, and learn how to access and interpret the results.
- The Importance of a Parcel Register: Gain a deep understanding of why investing in a Parcel Register is crucial when dealing with properties affected by liens and encumbrances.
- Registered Instruments: Understanding how to request registered instruments that can impact property transactions, and how to navigate through them with ease
- Teranet Market Insight Report delivers a comprehensive analysis and new insights into the real estate market in Ontario derived through our data analytics team’s analysis of sales and mortgage registration activity in the Ontario Land Registry.
- GeoWarehouse Academy is your educational hub to enhance your knowledge and maximize your subscription.
9. TikTok for REALTORS®, Is It For You?
June 26, 2024 @ 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
With James Milonas, REALTOR® and Influencer
You've seen the trends. You've heard of the craze. You've witnessed the frenzy. Is it your turn to get on it? TikTok is social media's fastest growing platform but is it right for you? Join REALTOR®, influencer and social media sensation, James In The City as he breaks down the Do's and Don'ts of TikTok and how to build an authentic brand that generates over 90% of his new business.
If you have an idea for a future webinar topic, please email learning [at] lstar.ca (subject: Future%20webinar%20topic%20suggestion) (learning[at]lstar[dot]ca).