New Members and Brokers are required to take LSTAR's mandatory new member training, as per LSTAR's General Policies 2.01 - 2.04 (outlined below).
LSTAR's mandatory training is intended to give Members the background on the structure, rules, regulations and policies that govern REALTORS® and that apply to the Multiple Listings Service® (MLS®) System, so Members can better serve their clients, grow their businesses, support a fair and transparent real estate market and strengthen the REALTOR® brand in Canada.
Mandatory Training must be completed within 90 days in order to avoid fines or other disciplinary action.
complete Asynchronous ITSO Introduction to MLS® Rules, Policies, and the REALTOR® Code
- Members must complete the Information Technology Systems of Ontario (ITSO's) Introduction to MLS® Rules, Policies, and REALTOR® Code training.
- This course can be completed at any time online, but MUST be completed prior to attending LSTAR's in-person or virtual "LSTAR Introduction to Organized Real Estate Course" session.
- This course is hosted by OREA on their "MyAcademy" learning management system.
- MyAcademy Instructions
To log in, you will need to use your Matrix™ MLS® username and password CLICK HERE to access PDF Instructions on how to log into MyAcademy.
- Start Course Here
ATTEND LSTAR Introduction to Organized Real Estate
- Members must also take LSTAR's Introduction to Organized Real Estate course.
- LSTAR staff will contact all new members to assist with registration for this course.
- Once registered, a confirmation email will be sent to the Member's inbox with the information required to access the course.
Review the Rules, Policies, and By-Laws Governing Members
Fines and Policies
New members are required to complete mandatory training within three months of joining, transferring to the Association, or becoming a Broker-of-Record. Failure will result in fines and possible disciplinary action, as per the policies developed and enforced by LSTAR.
- LSTAR General Policies Section 2
2.01 All new members must complete all courses that comprise LSTAR’s new member training, in the following order:
- 90-Minute Information Systems of Ontario (ITSO) Introduction to the MLS® Rules, Policies, and REALTOR® Code course (Asynchronous)
- 3-Hour LSTAR Introduction to Organized Real Estate course (In-Person)
2.03 All new members will receive written notification of the instructions for completing each course. The failure of the new member to complete all the courses by either the first or second LSTAR Introduction to Organized Real Estate course offered (monthly) by the Association following their admittance will result in the following:
- a fine of $100.00 for non-attendance at the third course;
- a fine of $200.00 for non-attendance at the fourth course;
- referral to the Professional Standards Committee for non-attendance at the fifth course.
- CREA By-Laws and Rules
A Board/Association must provide education sessions to new REALTOR® member and to their directors that meet the requirements set out in the Core Standards Policy.