The Board of Directors of LSTAR is pleased to announce that the Association has won the 2012 Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA) Quality of Life Award. Like other Ontario real estate association/boards, LSTAR adheres to a Quality of Life philosophy, supporting growth that fosters economic vitality, provides housing opportunities, respects the environment and builds good communities and safe neighbourhoods. The award goes to the Association that has most actively worked over the course of a year to improve the Quality of Life in its community.
Some of the initiatives for which LSTAR was recognized include:
- The Home at Last Affordable Homeownership Partnership, with Partners City of London and CMHC;
- The expansion of Youth Opportunities Unlimited's kitchen prep area and equipment purchase;
- Ongoing support of homeless and women's shelters;
- Support for the London Homeless Memorial;
- Advocacy around Industrial Wind Turbine issues;
- Realty Watch, a community policing program.
“Quality of Life is always first and foremost for us at LSTAR,” says Doug Pedlar, 2013 LSTAR President. “We take it very seriously, which makes this award all the more meaningful to us.”
Click here to read the full news release of LSTAR.